One Egg Shy

The musings of Chris. Writer, humanitarian, hero.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Jeopardy!


Don’t know if you saw this, but you can take an online test to pre-qualify to appear on Jeopardy! Note: that exclamation point was part of the show’s name, not my own excitement.

Since I was a kid, my brother and I have often battled while watching Jeopardy! on television. We used to keep score and somehow try to taunt each other with macho posturing when one of us knew who Emily Dickinson was; somehow raising the roof for knowing the first four lines of Part IV on Time and Eternity didn’t go well together. We also used to have a computer version that lead to some viscous battles.

The nice thing about watching Jeopardy with my bro is that while we of course have some areas of knowledge that intersect, our college majors and chosen professions have allowed us to branch out into all different realms of knowledge. I, for instance, can name minor characters in Shakespeare; he knows how much a blowjob in Cleveland costs (kidding, kidding...he’s never even been to Cleveland).

Anyway, I’m going to take the test and you should too. I’ll post how well I perform. If they are grading your Jeopardy! ability on how well you signed up to actually take the test, however, then I’d already have failed. I entered both my phone number and e-mail address incorrectly.

Anyway, you can check it out here.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Chris said…

    I tried out for Jeopardy when it came to Philadelphia a few years back. I lost. I lost miserably. Ya know what the guy says at the end? "Tell your friends that you were only 1 or 2 questions away from making it to the next round." That's what I would tell everyone for the next few months. I then decided it's not nice to lie and replaced it with "I didn't make it past the first round because I'm a dumbass but I got this pen that says 'Jeopardy!' that doesn't work." I still have the Paramount's contestant co-ordinator's phone number if you want it and wanna give him a call and beg your way on.

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Angela in Europe said…

    I always watched Jeopardy! to see how much money people made for being smart and it made me want to be smart. Unfortunately....I have of love of alcohol.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home