One Egg Shy

The musings of Chris. Writer, humanitarian, hero.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Dr. General Manager


“They tell me you have absolutely no serving experience!” he said and laughed. His huge claw came in and made a grab for me, but I rolled out of the way and fired a few blasts back at him. They bounced right off his metal exterior! This was going to take some serious ingenuity.

"What makes up for your lack of experience?" he asked.
I tried a joke on him, thinking it'd hurt him like it did with Jester Man. “A doctor walks into a bar looking to have a few shots!” I said. He didn’t even smile. Dr. General Manger grabbed a chunk of the wall and heaved it at me. I tried rolling again, but it struck my side, lowering my power bar.

"Come on, Chris," he taunted. "Why would you make a good addition to our team?"
I thought maybe that kissing his ass would work. “I can already tell this restaurant will be great! I'll just add to it!” He responded by shooting miniature rockets at me. I shot two megablasts to blow them up before they got me.

I hid behind the desk, panting. I could hear his steps and the circuitry of his suit hum as he circled my position. “I hire a lot of servers,” he said, “so why should I care about you?” My mind raced. What did actually set me apart? I peeked from behind the desk and saw his claws pinching menacingly. I knew he could easily lift the desk and reveal me. I beat him to it.

I powered up my megablast and aimed it directly at the desk. I fired and the desk exploded in a fury of smoke and splinters. Under the cover of the explosion, I ran directly under Dr. General Manager’s robotic body. I jumped onto his back and located a simple “On/Off” switch.
“You should hire me because I think on my feet!” I said and turned the switch to off. His suit disengaged and crumbled to the ground with a dramatic crash, leaving him wearing only his lab coat and glasses.

“Chris,” he said, “You’ve impressed me. I’ll take a risk on you. Welcome aboard!” We shook hands.


Keep reading ...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home